Terms and conditions:
To enter, entrants must do the following:
1. Entrants must be Merlin Annual Passholders.
2. Entrants must visit three different Merlin Resort Theme Parks (Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Thorpe Park Resort, the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort or Alton Towers Resort) between 2nd April and 7th May 2019.
3. Entrants must collect an exclusive Merlin Easter pop badge from the attraction (see images below) and take a photo at each of the three Merlin Resort Theme Parks, holding up their new Easter pop badge in an iconic place so that it is identifiable that the entrant is at the named attraction.
4. Upon completing the challenge - of visiting three different Merlin Resort Theme Park attractions - entrants must post all three photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (at the same time, not in separate posts) before 7th May.
Entrants must do the following:
a) Follow and tag Merlin Annual Pass on the social media channel they choose to enter on instagram.com/merlinannualpass, twitter.com/merlinapuk or facebook.com/merlinannualpass
b) Use hashtag #MerlinChallenge in their social media post
5. There are four prizes, as follows:
- 1x short break at Warwick Castle (1 night stay in a standard room, on an off-peak date)
- 1x short break at Chessington World of Adventures (1 night stay in a standard room, on an off-peak date)
- 1x short break at Thorpe Park (1 night stay in a standard room, on an off-peak date)
- 1x short break at Alton Towers (1 night stay in a standard room, on an off-peak date)
There will be four winners in total (2x Facebook, 1x Instagram and 1x Twitter), which will be announced on 13th May 2019.
Jess Albone, Social Media Manager at Merlin Annual Pass, will coordinate the short breaks with the four winning entrants.
6. Any entries received after a competition closes, on 7th May 2019, will be automatically disqualified.
7. The Promoter of this competition is Merlin Entertainments plc., a global entertainments company, with its principal office at: Link House, 25 West St, Poole BH15 1LD
8. Winning Entrants will be chosen by the Promoter at random from valid entries submitted. The Promoter’s choice of winning entrant is final. No correspondence will be entered into and no process of appeal is available to Entrants.
9. Only the Winning Entrants will be contacted. The Promoter reserves the right to redistribute the prize if a Winning Entrant does not reply by 11.00am on the [third] working day after the day on which they are notified.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules will not be accepted.
11. This competition is open to UK resident individuals aged 18 and over only.
12. Employees of Merlin Entertainments and their family members are not eligible to win this competition.
14. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
15. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any costs, expenses, loss or damage suffered by the Winning Entrant arising out of the use of the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or that of its employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
16. The prize is non-refundable.
17. The prizes are as above. No cash alternative to the prizes is offered. The Promoter reserves the right to change the prizes for a prize of equal or higher value in the event of unforeseen circumstances, or if the prize offered is inappropriate due to the age of the Winning Entrant.
18. Bulk entries are not permitted.
19. Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising under these terms and conditions.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend this competition where it becomes necessary to do so.