In celebration of National Rollercoaster Day, we’re launching a ‘design a rollercoaster’ competition for Passholder kids! (Under 16’s only.) The top 3 designs will be picked by John Burton, and the final winning design will be announced on Rollercoaster Day (15th August). The winner will receive a FREE Pass renewal!
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter the competition, design your rollercoaster in one of these ways:
🎨 Drawing / painting
🎢 Model making (paper mâché /LEGO Building)
🖥️ Computer graphic design.
Then fill out the form below, thinking carefully about your answers! You’ll also need to upload a photo / copy / video of your design.
John Burton’s advice:
“Design a ride that would be YOUR dream rollercoaster, think about all the senses from the sounds, the smells and what it looks like. Does it have a key piece of theming like Wicker Man, is it indoors, or outdoors, does it include water? How do you want people to feel? And finally make sure you give it a strong name that you feel captures the essence of the attraction!”
IMPORTANT Rules, Terms & Conditions:
- You must be under 16 years old to enter.
- You must have a valid Merlin Annual Pass to enter.
- You must have permission from your parent or guardian to enter.
- You must have submitted your entry by 10th August 23:59 GMT.
- The winner will be announced via social media & the email provided in the competition entry form.
- The top 3 winning designs will be posted to social media.
- Any submitted designs may be posted to social media.
- Prize cannot be exchanged for any other event or for any monetary value.
- The Promoter of this competition is Merlin Entertainments Limited, a global entertainments company, with its principal office at: Link House, 25 West St, Poole BH15 1LD
- Winning Entrants will be chosen by the Promoter at random from valid entries submitted. The Promoter’s choice of winning entrant is final. No correspondence will be entered into and no process of appeal is available to Entrants. Only the Winning Entrant will be contacted. The Promoter reserves the right to redistribute the prize if a Winning Entrant does not reply by 11.00am on the [third] working day after the day on which they are notified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to check the validity of any entry. Entries failing to comply with these rules will not be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any costs, expenses, loss or damage suffered by the Winning Entrant arising out of the use of the prize, except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or that of its employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The prize is non-refundable.
- Entry implies acceptance of these rules.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising under these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend this competition where it becomes necessary to do so.