Complimentary Carer Passes
Should a Merlin Annual Passholder require assistance on their visits to our attractions, we issue one complimentary pass per Passholder to be used by any carer - this is transferable between carers; the carer Pass is issued to the Passholder with additional needs and carers' Passes will have the name, date of birth and a photo of the Passholder.
To obtain a complimentary carer pass, a Merlin Annual Pass will need to be purchased in the usual way; online or at a local attraction. The complimentary carer Pass will then be issued online following the instructions on the link below.Carer Pass Information
You'll need to provide proof of disability when getting your Passes issued, this can be any of the following documentation:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Blue Badge (photo ID required)
- Signed letter from GP (photo ID required)
Documentation should be dated within the last 24 months, documentation dated later than this may be rejected.
Remember you will not need to pay for the carer pass. Therefore, if your group consists of four people, including the carer, you will need to pay for three people and apply for one carer pass. When renewing, you will need to present these documents again as we recognise that disabled status and assistance required may change from year-to-year.
There are a few things to note regarding the complimentary carer pass:
- The carer pass cannot be used without being accompanied by the disabled Passholder it belongs to. This is because the Pass is designed to offer assistance to the disabled guest only.
- There must be at least one responsible adult in the visiting party (the party means the disabled guest and the guest using the carer Pass) in order for the party to enter an attraction.
To assist you with planning your visits to our attraction please see the specific attraction guides below:
When speaking to us via telephone we accept all TypeTalk calls. All of our agents are fully trained to use this service.
Hearing and Assistance
Many of our attractions have the hearing assistance service for anyone using a hearing aid.
Ride Access Pass
Guests with certain disabilities are able to get a disabled access pass which means they can enter via the ride exit to avoid the queuing. Please see the disabled guides above for further information.