Can I receive a Carer Pass if I purchase a Merlin Annual Pass and require assistance?
If you are a Merlin Annual Passholder and have additional needs and require assistance on your visits to our attractions, we issue one complimentary Merlin Annual Pass per disabled Passholder to be used by any carer - this is transferable between carers and therefore the Carer Passes will have the name, date of birth and a photo of the guest with additional needs.
To obtain a complimentary carer pass, just purchase your Merlin Annual Pass online and then click here to complete a form and receive a unique code to redeem your digital Carer Pass online. You are unable to apply for a Merlin Annual Carer Pass at an attraction.
The Guest Support Team will endeavour to respond to your request within 48 hours.
Please note: In order to claim your Carer's Pass you would be required to attach a DLA/PIP Letter, Blue Badge (Front and Back) or a GP / Medical Specialist Letter advising the guest requires 1:1 support for the guest who requires a carer for this Pass to be issued. Documentation should be dated within the last 2 years, documentation dated later than this may be rejected. The digital redemption of a Carer Pass is applicable for Merlin Discovery Passholders requiring a Carer Pass only.Apply Here
Important Information About Carer Passes
You'll need to provide proof of disability when getting your Passes issued, this can be any of the following documentation:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Blue Badge (photo ID required)
- Signed letter from GP (photo ID required)
Documentation should be dated within the last 24 months, documentation dated later than this may be rejected.
Remember you will not need to pay for the carer pass. Therefore, if your group consists of four people, including the carer, you will need to pay for three people and apply for one carer pass. When renewing, you will need to present these documents again as we recognise that disabled status and assistance required may change from year-to-year.
There are a few things to note regarding the complimentary carer pass:
- The carer pass cannot be used without being accompanied by the disabled Passholder it belongs to. This is because the Pass is designed to offer assistance to the disabled guest only.
- There must be at least one responsible adult in the visiting party (the party means the disabled guest and the guest using the carer Pass) in order for the party to enter an attraction.