Go back to blog
How to create a penguin | Get creative with Merlin Annual Pass
- Wednesday July 28th 2021
- Merlin Annual Pass
- Fun, Creative
Passholders - it’s time to kickstart the summer holiday by getting creative with Merlin Annual Pass! From 26th July – 8th August, kids can get involved with fun Merlin related arts and crafts including drawing, painting, building and more. Post your creations on social media to be in with the chance to win some awesome prizes including animal feeds, fastracks, VIP experiences and more!
This penguin craft is the ideal activity for young penguin lovers to get stuck into this summer holiday! What's more, if you post your creation on Facebook you could be in with the chance to meet some adorable penguins in real life at Chessington World of Adventures Resort! Just post a photo of your penguin craft on Wednesday 28th July's Facebook post.
What you'll need for this activity:
- Glue stick
- Cardboard toilet-roll tube
- Thin card (black, white, yellow, pink, orange)
- 2 x googly eyes
- A4 PDF stencil printout (see link below)
1. Download and print out the attachment. Then cut out the shapes.
2. Trace around the stencil shapes onto card of the corresponding colour. Then cut out the shapes.
3. Glue the back of the large blank rectangle and then wrap it around the cardboard tube.
4. Glue the back of the white stomach shape and then stick it to the front of the black tube.
5. Glue and attach the penguin's arms, feet and beak. Then stick the eyes on so they are just over lapping the beak.
6. Finally, glue the yellow top feather shapes and black feather shape to the penguin.